MATHEMATICS PROGRAMS SPECIALIST
The Collaborative for Teaching and Learning (CTL), a non-profit Louisville-based education agency, is seeking candidates for an Educational Programs Specialist position in mathematics to join our growing team. The successful candidate must have:
- Kentucky Teacher’s License and a Master’s degree; Rank 1 certification preferred. Doctorate degree and/or teacher leadership or administrative experience highly desired.
- Certification in mathematics at the secondary level; experience with classroom technology applications desired.
- Experience in creating high quality, student-centered teaching and learning environments in both classroom and professional development settings.
- Knowledge of Common Core State Standards and related instructional shifts.
- Demonstrated leadership in working with educators to improve classroom practice.
- Applied understanding of current educational research about best practices including content literacy across disciplines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Commitment to collaboration and teamwork in planning and development.
- Personal commitment to self-reflective practice and on-going professional development.
Candidates with leadership experience at the team, departmental, building, district or state level are strongly encouraged to apply. Statewide travel will be required.
Applicants should submit a letter of application, resume or vita, two letters of reference, and a list of at least three additional references to:
Educational Programs Specialist Search Committee
Collaborative for Teaching and Learning
2303 River Road, Suite #100
Louisville, Kentucky 40206
The deadline for application is March 1st with interviews to follow. Those being interviewed will also be asked to provide an on-demand writing sample when they arrive and before the actual interview, as well as to engage the interview panel in a 5-7 minute professional development experience that is interactive and that demonstrates knowledge of Common Core State Standards and in particular the Standards for Mathematical Practice .
Salary is commensurate with experience. Full benefits package is offered; participation in KTRS is optional. CTL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minority applicants are encouraged to apply. Anticipated start date of position: March 2014.