- Expert consulting on general school improvement or specific issues
- Expert observations designed to provide a snapshot of current instructional practice
- Audits focused on particular instructional issues, such as adoption of the Common Core State Standards or school-wide literacy development
- Recommendations to administrators and teachers on implementation of the Common Core, increasing instructional rigor, or ensuring college readiness for all students
- Strategic recommendations on goal setting and achievement
- Expert advice on selecting, purchasing and broadly using technology in schools
CTL works regularly with project partners GEAR UP Kentucky, GEAR UP Appalachia!, and GEAR UP Promise Neighborhood to help them prioritize and develop strategies to meet project goals.
Under the auspices of the federally funded Promise Neighborhoods project in eastern Kentucky, CTL is working with Jackson, Owsley, and Clay County Schools on technology implementation, including consultation on what equipment and learning platforms to purchase, how to use what has already been purchased, and how to effectively structure distance learning.
CTL conducted a literacy audit in Oldham, County, Kentucky middle and high schools to assess literacy instruction across content areas and determine how best to address literacy development needs for all students.