CTL designs and delivers high quality professional development aligned with rigorous State Standards for teachers, instructional coaches and administrators in all subject areas. Our personalized coaching and support, on site and via distance technologies, helps teachers and administrators transform instruction and boost learning for all students. We work with clients within a brief, fixed time frame, over the course of a semester or school year, or over multiple years.
We also work in collaboration with partner organizations like GEAR UP Kentucky, the Regional Education Laboratory (REL)-Appalachia, and state departments of education to design and coordinate professional development conferences, institutes and events aimed at bridging research and practice. These events are often organized around a specific theme, such as raising achievement in low-performing schools, or establishing a college-going culture for all students.
All CTL professional development
- Addresses and aligns with national, state and local standards.
- Creates a professional learning community among educators within and across schools.
- Adopts a personalized approach to meet the needs of all participants.
- Builds instructional leadership among teachers and administrators.
- Engages educators in the kinds of active learning that they will implement with students.
- Integrates appropriate technology tools, to support professional and student learning.
- Makes use of data to develop and continually assess progress.
- Integrates current educational research to inform all planning and approaches.
- Provides an engaging and comfortable professional environment in which to develop and test ideas and strategies.
CTL helps schools build capacity not only to achieve success, but to sustain it long after we’ve left the building.
We can implement one of our tested programs, such as CTL’s Adolescent Literacy Model (ALM), or we can work with a district or school to create a customized PD model designed to focus on a specific instructional area or need.
After developing a professional learning plan based on needs, time and budget, CTL staff provide intensive training on-site, followed by extensive coaching and support both on-site and via distance. CTL is well known for the depth and duration of our professional learning, and our personal attention to the unique needs of a district, school, and teachers.
Contact us for more information.