After School and Summer Programming to address learning loss
The team at CTL is here to help school leaders and classroom educators provide the strongest learning experience for your students in after school or summer programming.
Our Artful Reading and Procedural Fluency Models provide exceptional learning experiences for all students.
As students have returned to in-person learning gaps have appeared. Elementary and Secondary Emergency Relief (ESSER) identifies four ways districts may use stimulus funds to address the academic impact of lost instructional time, including implementing evidence-based activities to meet comprehensive needs of students. CTL addresses reading & literacy, mathematics, and multi-disciplinary through our tested models.
- Complete modules with all materials provided
- Guidebooks and planning materials
- Professional Support for implementation
- Thematic Units with highly engaging Arts-integration
- Fully integrated assessment system
- Game-based practice
- Easily adapted for intervention use
- Learning Progressions for students
Artful Reading is designed for flexible implementation and provides a strong framework for teachers to build summer programming around. Instead of asking educators to be curriculum specialists, provide them the content they want with extension ideas already woven into the units of study. The high-quality modules can be delivered in weeklong sessions or used to support longer sessions with additional supplemental opportunities.
- Engage learners from preschool through eighth grade.
- Authentic integration of social-emotional learning.
- Leveled texts for engaging all students
- National Arts and literacy standards embedded.
Procedural Fluency is designed as a supplemental program and can be easily adapted for intervention applications. If meeting the Ed Trust recommendations for summer programming, Procedural Fluency provides a flexible approach to having students practice their computation skills daily for shorter periods of time or for longer sessions two to three times per week. If implementing in an afterschool setting the Procedural Fluency model is the perfect intervention to engage students, in engaging, research-based game practice, while providing the instructor with the assessment tools to track their growth over time.
- Embedded assessment of learning for all students.
- Integration of multiple representations including area model, linear model, symbolic, and contextual.
- Reduces math anxiety while engaging students.
- Built in differentiation to maximize student learning.