The Collaborative for Teaching and Learning (CTL), a non-profit Louisville-based education agency, is seeking candidates for a Director of Programming position. Areas of responsibility:
- Participate in ongoing strategic planning process as a member of the executive team.
- With the CEO and Director of Finance and Administration, collect evidence of strategy plan implementation and suggest refinements as needed.
- Communicate strategic goals internally and to external audiences.
Project Implementation, Program Development and Coordination
- Work with staff to develop and implement standards for high quality work and embed these standards in daily work activities.
- Ensure timeliness and quality of project deliverables.
- Draw on the expertise of CTL colleagues to conceptualize, design, and implement existing and developing work.
- Engage in direct contract work on projects that call for the Director’s content knowledge or background experience. Statewide travel is required.
- Work closely with project managers to ensure project completion and to coordinate efforts across projects.
- Support monthly reporting system on projects’ scope of work to ensure that clients are kept apprised of progress.
- Work with the CEO and the Director of Finance and Administration to coordinate systems so that CTL meets its programmatic and operational goals.
- Contribute to the development of grants and contracts in alignment with the organizational mission.
The successful candidate must have:
- Kentucky Teacher’s License and a Master’s degree; Rank 1 certification preferred. Doctorate degree and/or teacher leadership or administrative experience highly desired.
- Certification in middle/high school and/or experience with project-based learning desired.
- Experience creating high quality, student-centered teaching and learning environments in both classroom and professional development settings.
- Knowledge of Kentucky Academic Standards and related instructional shifts.
- Knowledge of effective research-informed instructional approaches and creating authentic learning experiences for students.
- Demonstrated leadership working with educators to improve classroom practice.
- Applied understanding of current educational research about best practices and student-centered instruction.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Commitment to collaboration and teamwork in planning and development.
- Personal commitment to self-reflective practice and on-going professional learning.
Candidates with leadership experience at the team, departmental, building, district or state level are strongly encouraged to apply. Statewide travel will be required.
Applicants should submit a letter of application, resume or vita, two letters of reference, and a list of at least three additional references to:
Director of Programming Search Committee
Collaborative for Teaching and Learning
2303 River Road, Suite 100
Louisville, Kentucky 40206
Candidate screening and interviews will begin September 7, 2021. Those being interviewed will be asked to provide a writing sample (prompt to be provided when interview is scheduled) as well as to engage the interview panel in a 5-7 minute professional development experience during the interview that is interactive and that demonstrates knowledge of Kentucky Academic Standards.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Full benefits package is offered; participation in KTRS is optional. CTL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minority applicants are encouraged to apply. Anticipated start date of position: October 1, 2021.