Director of Finance and Administration
Number of hires for this role 1
Full Job Description
For over 25 years, the Collaborative for Teaching and Learning (CTL) supports great teaching and learning across the region. CTL is looking for a Director of Finance and Administration who is a proactive, team-oriented leader who can thrive in an ever-evolving organization. This is a hands-on leadership role that requires someone who is able to support both high-level accounting and finance responsibilities as well as not being afraid to dive into the details on a day-to-day basis. As an integral part of the Executive Management Team, you will provide oversight for planning, implementing, and managing financial-related activities of the organization, including responsibility for accounting, finance, forecasting, and compliance.
As Director of Finance and Administration, you will:
- Provide strong forward-thinking analytical leadership to the organization on all matters pertaining to finance policy to ensure that financial strategies, decisions, and functions effectively facilitate achievement of organizational goals and maintain its financial health.
- In conjunction with the CEO and senior staff, lead the preparation of the annual operating budget.
- Establish and oversee all financial reporting activities, providing the CEO with accurate and up-to-date information on the financial activities of the organization.
- Provide timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports, and financial trends.
- Oversee financial and operational audits.
- Manage the effective training, development, and retention of finance and administrative staff.
- Demonstrate proven ability in developing models and conducting analyses that identify critical trends, support strategic decision making and create forward visibility.
- Bring creativity and passion to the organization and its services and possess a broad institutional perspective while embracing change and innovation.
- Drive change within the organization through robust financial analysis and strong business partnership.
Additionally, the Director of Finance and Administration must have the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline; MBA or CPA preferred but not required.
- Five years of experience in public accounting preferred.
- Five years of experience in accounting, finance, and business management in a nonprofit environment.
- Thorough knowledge and application of general accounting and internal controls theory.
- Experience with budget management and cash flow.
Wage/salary is dependent upon experience.
Job Types: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Supplemental Pay: None
You understand this position is located in Louisville, Kentucky and will require you to relocate to be considered for this position.
Applicants should submit a letter of application, resume or vita, two letters of reference, and a list of at least three additional references to:
Director of Finance and Administration Search Committee
Collaborative for Teaching and Learning
2303 River Road, Suite 100
Louisville, Kentucky 40206
Candidate screening and interviews will begin July 28, 2021.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Full benefits package is offered. CTL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minority applicants are encouraged to apply. Anticipated start date of position: September 1, 2021.