We are looking for a new team member. Are you looking for a great challenge? We are truly a mission-driven organization that needs someone to help push our elementary mathematics program to new heights. If you are an entrepreneur at heart and dedicated to providing the best learning opportunities for teachers and students, then we want you to apply. If you know someone who we should consider, please pass this along!
The Collaborative for Teaching and Learning (CTL), a non-profit Louisville-based education agency, is seeking candidates for an Educational Programs Specialist position in elementary education with a mathematics focus. The successful candidate must have:
- Kentucky Teacher’s License and a Master’s degree; Rank 1 certification preferred. Doctorate degree and/or teacher leadership or administrative experience highly desired.
- Certification in elementary education.
- Experience in creating high quality, student-centered teaching and learning environments in both classroom and professional development settings.
- Knowledge of Kentucky Academic Standards and related instructional shifts, including the Standards for Mathematical Practice.
- Demonstrated leadership in working with educators to improve classroom practice.
- Applied understanding of current educational research about best practices and foundational instruction.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Commitment to collaboration and teamwork in planning and development.
- Personal commitment to self-reflective practice and on-going professional development.
Candidates with leadership experience at the team, departmental, building, district or state level are strongly encouraged to apply. Statewide & regional travel will be required.
Applicants should submit a letter of application, resume or vita, two letters of reference, and a list of at least three additional references to:
Educational Programs Specialist Search Committee
Collaborative for Teaching and Learning
2303 River Road, Suite #100
Louisville, Kentucky 40206
Candidate screening and interviews will begin on May 14, 2019. Those being interviewed will be asked to provide a writing sample (prompt to be provided when the interview is scheduled) as well as to engage the interview panel in a 5-7 minute professional development experience during the interview that is interactive and that demonstrates knowledge of Primary and Intermediate mathematics Kentucky Academic Standards.
Salary is commensurate with experience. A full benefits package is offered; participation in KTRS is optional. CTL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minority applicants are encouraged to apply. Anticipated start date of position: June 2019.