EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMS SPECIALIST
The Collaborative for Teaching and Learning (CTL), a non-profit Louisville-based education agency, is seeking candidates for an Educational Programs Specialist position in elementary literacy. The successful candidate must have:
- Kentucky Teacher’s License and a Master’s degree; Rank 1 certification preferred. Doctorate degree and/or teacher leadership or administrative experience highly desired.
- Certification in elementary literacy; experience with National Arts Standards desired.
- Experience in creating high quality, student-centered teaching and learning environments in both classroom and professional development settings.
- Knowledge of Primary and Intermediate ELA Kentucky Academic Standards and related instructional shifts.
- Experience creating standards aligned reading assessments.
- Demonstrated leadership in working with educators to improve classroom practice.
- Applied understanding of current educational research about best practices and foundational literacy instruction.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Commitment to collaboration and teamwork in planning and development.
- Personal commitment to self-reflective practice and on-going professional development.
Candidates with leadership experience at the team, departmental, building, district or state level are strongly encouraged to apply. Statewide travel will be required.
Applicants should submit a letter of application, resume or vita, two letters of reference, and a list of at least three additional references to:
Educational Programs Specialist Search Committee
Collaborative for Teaching and Learning
2303 River Road, Suite #100
Louisville, Kentucky 40206
Candidate screening and interviews will begin November 12, 2018. Those being interviewed will be asked to provide a writing sample (prompt to be provided when the interview is scheduled) as well as to engage the interview panel in a 5-7 minute professional development experience during the interview that is interactive and that demonstrates knowledge of Primary and Intermediate ELA Kentucky Academic Standards.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Full benefits package is offered; participation in KTRS is optional. CTL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minority applicants are encouraged to apply. Anticipated start date of position: January 2019.